Friday, May 6, 2016

M Prince Top 5 Looks

On April 21st, 2016 the world lost quite possibly one of the most important and influential artists EVER.  Prince Rogers Nelson was an artists artists.  He fought for, defended and live for his culture.  He never cheated us and for this he was loved.  For this he will forever be missed.  In today's entertainment climate of soulless art and repetitive duplication, losing Prince was like losing hope.  With that being said this C-List Post is dedicated to Prince.  Prince was also an icon in fashion constantly pushing the envelope on the idea of what was ok for men to wear.  The man wore heels and women's clothes so let's just say he pushed the envelope off the damn table Here are my Top 5 Prince Looks.


1. Purple Rain
 I mean how could this not be #1.  This was my introduction to the purple one.  This outfit from the iconic movie Purple Rain tied everything together for me.  The music...the movie...the clothes. The colors, the textures, the design it all was amazing.  The wonderful thing about growing up in the 80s was it was the last time you saw rock stars look like rock stars.  Though I was too young to really comprehend it all...it didn't really seem odd that a man was running around in heels and blouses because all the rock stars dawned styles not common to where I was from.  But the great thing about fashion is that if you own a look, if you REALLY OWN a look nobody will every question you.  Prince owned his look.

2. Third Eye
The intellectual in me appreciates this look because I understand the 3rd Eye.  The All Seeing Eye.  Prince was someone who was well aware of everything going on around him.  By around him I mean around the world.  So I always thought this look was a brilliant social statement to let whoever needed to know he sees them.

3. The Stache
The normally androgynous Prince sported this look for a time and was more on the "masculine" side than normal.  I liked it because it gave him a tough look which balanced out his normal feminine style.  Prince's style was always genuine.  However he chose to look was how he felt so I would like to believe, though he never lacked confidence, felt stronger and tougher with this look.

4. Timeless
This look here is one of my favorites because it's a timeless look.  It's one of his more sophisticated looks.  Normally when you see Prince it is like "WOW" that dude is a rock star or "Only he can wear that"  With this...his statement was more of a "I'm a cool muthafucka" kind of look and I appreciated it because it's close to how I dress myself.  I think I'm a cool muthafucka too.

5. Mid Drift
Here Prince again challenges our ideas of what a man can or cannot wear or rather what is accepted by popular norms.  The mid drift allowed Prince to sell the ladies on his abs and we know how much the ladies loved Prince.  And Prince loved the ladies.



No comments:

Post a Comment